WIN A TRIP TO LAS VEGAS COMPETITION WITH VETPARTNERS (COMPETITION)
GAME OF SKILL
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is VetPartners Australia Pty Ltd ACN 114 962 453 of Unit 1, 277 Lane Cove Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113. To contact the Promoter, please email email@example.com
3. The competition commences at 9:00 AM AEST on 20th May 2022 and ends at 5:00 PM AEST on 1st December 2022 (Competition Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open to all veterinarians who commence work at any VetPartners General Practice clinic between 20th May 2022 and 31st October 2022 as a permanent employee (Eligible Entrants).
Eligibility to redeem Prize
5. To be eligible for the Prize, the winner must have completed their probationary period and still be employed or engaged to work as a veterinarian in a VetPartners General Practice clinic on a permanent basis at the time of departure to attend the 2023 Western Veterinary Conference. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the Prize if the winner does not, or the Promoter reasonably considers that the winner is likely to not, meet this edibility criteria. This offer is not available to veterinarians who commence work at a Speciality or Emergency VetPartners clinic.
How to enter
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Competition Period, visit https://vet.partners/las-vegas-conference/ and fully complete the online entry form, including full name, email address, telephone number and a response in 25 words or less to the following question: Tell us why you chose to work for VetPartners?
7. A limit of one entry applies per person.
8. The prize pool includes a total of seven (7) conference packages to attend the 2023 Western Veterinary Conference in Las Vegas. One (1) conference package is available to an Eligible Entrant, per region as follows: Western Australia (1), South Australia (1), Victoria and Tasmania (1), New South Wales and Canberra (1), New Zealand (1) and Singapore (1) (Region(s)). A conference package includes a trip for one adult departing from an international airport in the capital city closest to the relevant Region to Las Vegas including: economy airfares, airport transfers upon arrival, accommodation at the conference venue or equivalent alternative as decided by the Promoter, and a conference ticket to the 2023 Western Veterinary Conference, valued at approximately AUD $5,000 (Prize). The total recommended retail price prize pool value is approximately AUD $35,000. The Prize does not include car rental, spending money, meals, additional flights, or anything outside of what is specified above which is the responsibility of the winner.
9. Travel is subject to availability and any applicable international travel restrictions. Travel must be taken between the dates determined by the Promoter. It is the winner’s responsibility to arrange transport to and from the departure airport.
10. All expenses other than those expressly referred to in this clause 8 will be at the winner’s cost. The Promoter will not be liable for the failure of the winner to meet travel schedules or cancellations and no cash or other prize will be awarded if the winner cancels for any reason. The Prize is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
11. All taxes (excluding goods and services tax (GST)) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
12. The Promoter is not liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered (even if caused by negligence) as a result of any winner accepting and/or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
13. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner arising from, or in connection with, the Prize.
Judging date and time
14. Judging will take place at 1 PM AEST on 9th December 2022 virtually across VetPartners Offices in Australia and New Zealand (Judging Date and Time). All entries will be judged by a panel of seven judges individually on their merits based on creativity.
15. The best entry from each Region, as determined by the judges in their absolute discretion will win the Prize.
16. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
17. Travel will be arranged by the promoter and prizes provided to the winners within 30 days of the date of departure.
18. In the event that the Prize (or any part of the Prize) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize (or the relevant part of a prize) with a prize of equal value
19. Winners will be notified by 16th December 2022, in writing by email.
20. The names of winners will be published on 16th December 2022 on https://vet.partners/my-career
21. All Prizes will be distributed during or after the close of the Competition.
22. If a Prize is not accepted or claimed within three months of the Judging Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter will distribute any unclaimed Prizes to the next best ranking entry or entries (as applicable), as determined by the judges or the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
23. Winners of unclaimed Prizes will be notified in writing to the email address provided at the time of entry.
24. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition.
Use of Eligible Entrant’s personal information
25. Personal information including the Eligible Entrant’s name, address, telephone number and email will be collected and used for the purpose of conducting this Competition. This may require disclosure to third parties, including local regulatory authorities and the Promoter’s agents or third party service providers, for the purpose of conducting the Competition, or for promotional and marketing purposes (including for direct marketing) (Purpose).
26. By entering this Competition, Eligible Entrant’s consent to the use of their personal information for the Purpose, and that the Promoter may contact them for future marketing and material purposes without payment. Eligible Entrants agree that the Promoter may use this information for that purpose.
28. Entries must be the Eligible Entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to require the Eligible Entrant to verify that the entry is the Eligible Entrant’s original work. If the Promoter is unable to verify that the entry is original work to its satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
29. Eligible Entrants warrant that their entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights. Eligible Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter and its associated agencies against all losses, damages, claims and costs by third parties arising out of, connected to, or resulting from, a breach of the warranty set out in this clause 29.
30. An Eligible Entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image, video or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent;
(b) any content that contravenes any law; and
(c) any content that is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent, prejudicial or inconsistent with prevailing community standards.
31. By entering this Competition, Eligible Entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive licence to use the content of their entry, or any part of the content of the entry, in any way the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting, copying, cropping, retouching, editing, publishing, broadcasting or communicating the entry whether in original or modified form in whole or in part) in all media for the purposes of the Promoter’s business on its website, social media or in any marketing campaign, without payment to the Eligible Entrant of royalties or compensation. If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Entrants agree to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this clause 31.
32. By entering this Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter dealing with their entry content in any way that may otherwise infringe the Eligible Entrant’s moral rights, and agree not to assert their moral rights (wherever such rights are recognised) in respect of their entry against the Promoter or its assigns, licensees or successors.
33. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products or services by the Promoter.
34. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
35. Should an Eligible Entrant’s contact details change during the Competition Period, it is the Eligible Entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided as part of the redemption of a Prize should be directed to the Promoter.
36. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of the age, identity and residential address of winners and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this Competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
37. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Competition, has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
38. Winners may have rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by the Promoter. These terms and conditions do not exclude, restrict or limit those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent that it is permitted to do so by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability whether arising in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise for any personal injury or any other loss or damage (including without limitation loss of opportunity or loss of profits) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, without limitation:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in market value to that stated in these terms and conditions;
(e) any tax implications; or
(f) the Prize or use of the Prize.
39. If for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter this Competition is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or amend these terms and conditions, unless to do so would be prohibited by law.